Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Family Camera

My dad was never a photographer nor he had the love for the art. But when he went to Japan for higher studies he ended up buying this wonderful range-finder camera.

Yashica started their very successful Electro 35 series in 1966. In 1970 they came up with the superb Electro 35 GS model armed with a sharp 45mm f/1.7 Yashinon DX lens. The same year my dad purchased it and eventually became one of the long lasting family properties (almost 40 years!!).

This "Aperture Priority" range-finder runs on a obsolete Mercury battery (I had to order an adapter so that I can use a regular one). The lens looks fine, so do the mechanical parts. I'm practically dying to take some snaps with this...

Not sure if my kids will be lucky to use my 5D Mark II, but I'm certain that this toy will be able to survive at least one more generation..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment in Bangla, please use Avro Keyboard Interface. Click here for Bangla Installation Guide.

বাংলায় লিখতে অভ্র কিবোর্ড ব্যবহার করুন. বাংলা ইন্সটলেশন গাইড পাবেন এখানে